This recipe is gleaned from the pages of www.theyummylife.com, and makes a great instant meal, all you have to do is boil water, and bring your appetite!
• 1 cup pasta broken in 2”pieces (use pasta that normally cooks on stovetop in 4 min. or less—thin egg noodles, angel hair pasta, or quick-cooking artisan pastas. Note: the angel hair pasta can poke a hole in the baggie!
• 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
• ¼ cup freeze dried chopped chicken
• ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
• ¼ cup freeze dried mixed vegetables
• 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered chicken flavor base (or boullion granules)
• 2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter
• 1-1/2 teaspoons freeze dried cilantro (or ½ teaspoon dried cilantro)
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• pinch of ground cayenne pepper (or more if you want it spicier)
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
• 1 cup water
At Home: Add all ingredients except the water to a quart freezer Ziploc bag. Seal bag and store until ready to use.
In Camp: Bring water to a boil, and then pour in boiling water. Seal bag and let soak for 9 minutes, turning bag upside down after 3-4 minutes to redistribute & mix ingredients. Open bag and eat directly from bag, if desired. Or, transfer to a bowl or mug for eating.Download the Recipe